Dental implants provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable prosthesis (replacement teeth) that are made to match your natural teeth. They are manufactured from biologically neutral pure Titanium or titanium alloys, that is accepted by the human body and these implants fuse with the jawbone to form a secure foundation for tooth replacement.
Types of Dental Implants
There are two basic types of implants available at our dental clinic. In certain cases, conventional or immediate implants may be followed by immediate loading of crowns and bridges known as immediately loaded implants.
- Conventional implants are applicable to almost anyone who is looking to replace one, multiple, all missing teeth with a permanent restoration solution.
- Conventional implants are done in 2 stages normally in 2 trips about 3 to 6 months apart.
- Conventional implants may be done for most types of bone conditions. If there is moderate or severe jawbone loss, bone grafting may be recommended prior to dental implantation.
- Immediate implants are also known as one-day or same-day implants.
- This is the case whereby dental implants are placed during the same time after teeth are extracted. Provisional crowns, bridges, dentures may or may not be placed on during the same appointment depending on whether immediate loading of implants can be done.
- Immediate implants are normally recommended only for cases with favorable jawbone conditions.